All communities caring for every cat with respect and compassion.
MEOW Foundation is a registered charity with a mission to save the lives of cats in Calgary through no-kill programs.
No-Kill Philosophy: We believe in a no-kill model of animal welfare.
Standard of Care: We believe every cat, whether young or old, social or shy, in good health or poor deserves a good life. Every cat is to be provided with the medical care, support and love necessary to thrive.
Happy Homes: We are committed to ensuring every cat finds its perfect match in a family or community home.
Community: We will work with animal welfare organizations and community members to end cat homelessness.
Volunteerism: Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do.
- To work with the public to care for and provide shelter to stray, abandoned and feral cats in Calgary;
- To provide the highest level of care to every cat who enters our programs and immediate veterinary treatment to sick or injured cats;
- To match adoptable cats with loving families who will provide them with care and attention for the rest of their natural lives;
- To promote responsible pet ownership, including the spaying/neutering of all cats and kittens; provision of nutritious food, water, shelter, love, regular health care and permanent identification such as a microchip or tattoo; licensing; and prevention from becoming a nuisance;
- To reduce feline overpopulation and suffering;
- To promote humane treatment, compassion and respect for all animals.