We’re excited to launch MEOW Charity Thrift Shop as an ongoing source of revenue to help more cats in our community. There are so many incredible treasures to choose from! Feel great about your fabulous purchase knowing you’re helping stray and abandoned cats thrive AND that recycling is good for our planet! Swing by soon… We can’t wait to see you! Here are the details:
336 41 Ave NE Calgary | 403-735-1015
Tues to Sat 10am – 6pm & Sun 10am – 4pm (Closed Mondays and statutory holidays)
DONATIONS AND DROP-OFF
When: Tuesday to Saturday 10am – 5pm | Sunday 10am – 3pm
Following are some important considerations.
MEOW gratefully accepts:
- Antiques, collectibles, vintage, art
- Bath & Body
- Books, games, puzzles, toys, stuffies
- Home decor, hobbies & crafts
- Jewellery, hats, scarves, belts
- Kitchenware & small appliances
- Garden tools & decor
- Linens & bedding
- Luggage, purses, totes
- Seasonal decor
- Small electronic, flatscreen TVs, cameras
- Small furniture
- Sports equipment, camping, tools
Sorry, we cannot accept:
- Auto parts
- Baby cribs, car seats, booster seats
- Building materials
- CD’s, DVD’s, video games
- Chemicals, pesticides, explosives
- Clothing, boots, shoes
- Computer components (unless new in box)
- Large appliances
- Large exercise machines
- Large furniture
- Mattresses and box springs
Various volunteer roles are needed:
1. Frontline is your finesse. Mingling and rapport is your prowess. Cashier/Retail roles are available!
2. Behind the scenes is your fortitude. Unloading, sorting, cleaning, organizing and set up is your solace. Positions are available!
3. Transport and delivery is your specialty. Shuttling empty boxes (from liquor stores) to the MEOW Charity Thrift Shop weekly is your calling.
If you’re looking for flexible opportunities to suit your availability, apply to help with the following short shifts and tasks:
Daily Short Shifts from 1pm to 3pm to bridge the morning and afternoon volunteer shifts and add an additional helping hand in the heart of the day.
Morning & Afternoon Runners from 10am to noon and 1pm to 3pm to receive donations and be the runner from the upper to lower levels and vice versa. What a great way to get your steps in for the day – just put on your running shoes!
Special Projects – We have a number of tasks that do not require a set schedule, and in some cases do not need to be done at the shop, such as:
- Stuffies – Name tags, naming & pricing
- Kids Toys – Grouping small items in baggies & pricing
- Linens – Assessing, cleaning, sorting, folding & pricing
- Upstairs Pricing – selective categories of donations that could be researched and priced on the upper level (i.e. Seasonal décor, glassware, small appliances, etc.)
- Polishing silver
- Dusting & Cleaning
- Others, depending on need
MEOW Charity Thrift Shop – raising funds, saving lives.