Since MEOW’s inception in July, 2000, we have rescued and found homes for more than 6,000 cats. Due to our no-kill status and limited Adoption Centre and foster home space, we adhere to the following intake guidelines and procedures:
- We operate by appointment only.
- Intake Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Only stray and abandoned cats are eligible for admission.
- If you have found a cat or kittens, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, including your phone number or call 403.554.4607.
- Feral, fearful or wild cats: MEOW does not admit feral cats into our adoption program. These cats are eligible for our Trap Neuter Return (TNR) Program. For more information, please call 403.230.6033 (ext 4) or email TNR@meowfoundation.com.
- Emergencies: After business hours, if you have an emergency situation such as a badly injured stray cat, please transport the cat to a 24 hour emergency veterinary clinic. Find a clinic near you.
Found a Cat?
Prior to calling MEOW for assistance, please follow the steps outlined on our Lost and Found Cats page. If you are unable to reunite your found cat with its owner, email email@example.com or call 403.554.4607.
Humane Trap Rental for Lost Cats
If your indoor pet has escaped outside and you are not able to re-capture it, MEOW will rent you a humane trap for a period of one week. There is a $100 deposit fee, with $75 refunded to you upon the return of the trap. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.230.6033 (ext 8) for more information. Please read our Lost and Found Cats page for other useful information and tips.
Medical Financial Assistance
MEOW Foundation is not able to offer financial assistance for medical issues for owned pets. MEOW does offer spay or neuter financial assistance to low income Calgarians. Learn more on our Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) page.
To learn more about our Adoption Policies & Procedures or to view cats available for adoption, please visit the Adopt a Cat section of our website.